We at MMI DOOR (referred to as "we," "us," or "our") recognize the importance of protecting the privacy of certain information ("Information") collected about our customers and prospective customers (referred to as "Customers," "you," or "your"). This privacy statement discloses what Information we gather, how we use it, and how to correct or change it. By visiting www.mmidoor.com (the "Website") you acknowledge that you accept the practices and policies outlined in this Policy.
This privacy ("Policy") discloses what Information we gather, how we use it, and how to correct or change it. This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that MMI DOOR does not own or control, or individuals that MMI DOOR does not employ or manage, including those that are linked to the Website.
Please note, if you provide us with your email address or phone number, we or our representative may send you a follow-up email or phone call.
The effective date of this Policy is January, 2012.
Information Collected and How it is Used
The information we gather from you enables us to provide you with services, maintain and improve the Website and to process your and others' requests. Information gathered may include the following:
- Information You Provide to Us: We receive and store any information you enter on the Website or provide to us in any other way. The types of information collected may include your name, address, birth date, preferences, content, credit card information, website usages and other demographic information. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of certain services or features offered on the Website or off line. The Information you provide is used for responding to your requests for certain information, products and services, customizing the advertising and content you see, processing payments and communicating with you about payments, services and features. We may choose to disclose nonpublic personal information about you, the consumer, to a third party for compensation.
- Information that You Disclose or Post, or Allow Others to Disclose or Post: Any Information, including photographs, videos or other content, that you voluntarily disclose on or through the Website is public information that will be collected and used by MMI DOOR and may be collected and used by others.
- Information Collected Automatically: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with the Website. We automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information, pages visited and your location on the Website. Generally, our service automatically collects usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to the Website and its components. We may provide Information to third parties about how our site is used. If you are logged in, then we may associate your information with your Website account. We may also place tags, or web beacons, in HTML-based emails or other communications with you to confirm delivery, to track communications or uses of the Website. Many companies offer programs that help you to visit websites anonymously. While you may not be able to use the Website, or all features of the Website if you use such programs, we want you to be aware that these programs are available.
- Information From Other Sources: MMI DOOR might receive and store information about you that is sent to us from other sources. This may include updated delivery and address information from vendors with regard to your email address.
- Email and Phone Communications: You may receive email or phone calls from MMI DOOR, Inc from time to time, for instance to request information regarding your account or payment, to notify you of new features, changes to the Website, specials or promotions or to provide you with information that you request, and you hereby consent to receipt of any such email.
We share information only as described below. You hereby consent to our sharing of information for the purposes listed below.
- Businesses and People We Do Not Control: We may affiliate with a variety of businesses, including dealers, distributors and advertisers. In certain situations, these businesses assist us in providing you with products or services and we may share your information with them. We also employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and we may need to share your information with them. Examples include but are not limited to the following: maintaining servers, sending email, removing repetitive information from user lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, reviewing content and providing customer service.
- Other Users: Note that any information that you make public on or through the Website will be accessible by other users and may be used by them.
- Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets or to pledge assets as collateral. In these types of transactions, user information, including your Information, is typically one of the business assets that is involved and may be transferred. Moreover, if MMI DOOR, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that MMI DOOR goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information, including your Information, would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of MMI DOOR may continue to use your Information as set forth in this Policy.
- Protection of MMI DOOR and Others: We may disclose Information when we believe that disclosure is necessary to comply with the law, to enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property or safety of MMI DOOR our employees, affiliates, users or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- With Your Consent: We may share Information when you provide us with your consent to do so. For instance, when you request goods, information or services from our affiliates or a third party through us, or when you post information to the Website, you provide your consent for us to share that information with others. Please note that whenever you post public information on or through the Website you are giving us your consent to share that information with third parties.
Some of our sites and services may require a completed form in order to access secured information, use special site functions, or complete a transaction. Product literature requests may require your contact information, demographics, unique identifiers, shipping or billing information, and other personal or financial information. We may also use some of this information to contact you about the services for which you have expressed interest and/or important support information.
Access to Information
We do not provide a mechanism for you to view or change information.
Child Use of Sites
The Website is not intended for use by children under 18 years of age. Furthermore, it is not our intention to extend promotional offers to children. Consistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, we will never knowingly request Information from anyone less than 13 years of age without prior verifiable parental consent. If you become aware that your child has provided us with Information without prior verifiable parental consent, please contact us and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our files.
Notifications and Verifications
We may use email or other contact methods to notify site users and promotional participants of MMI DOOR special offers, newsletters, and site alerts or features. We may also use e-mail or other contact methods to disseminate PINS and passwords, validate requests and provide customer support.
Changes to this Policy
We may amend this Policy from time to time. Use of Information is subject to the Policy in effect at the time such Information is used.
Third Party Sites
MMI DOOR is not responsible for the content of any off-site pages or any other websites linked to or from the sites. Links appearing on the sites are for convenience only and are not an endorsement by MMI DOOR or our affiliates or their partners of the referenced content, product, service or supplier. Your linking to or from any off-site pages or other websites is at your own risk. MMI DOOR are in no way responsible for examining or evaluating, and they do not warrant the offerings of, off-site pages or any other websites linked to or from the sites, nor do we assume any responsibility or liability for the actions, content, products, or services of such pages and websites, including, without limitation, terms and conditions. You should carefully review the terms and conditions of all off-site pages and other websites that you visit.
By using this Website, you signify your agreement to this Policy.
Your Responsibility and Acceptance of These Terms
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password, restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password.
Third-party Web sites may refer to our sites and even provide hyperlinks to specific pages or functions. We are not responsible for the context in which those referring links are made nor are we responsible for ensuring those links work properly.